Norway: Interest in interest-free banks

Muslims groups in Norway are currently working to set up an interest-free bank.  Close to 100 people registered at the website of amanah.no within a few days.  Mhammad Answar, the initiator of amanah.no says that many Muslims don't take a house loan because it is forbidden by Islam and therefore they rent their whole lives.  Many Muslims have wanted an interest free bank for years.

More and more European banks have been adding Sharia services.  Instead of interest the banks take rent for the house.  The buyers pay in addition an extra amount as a down payment on the loan.

According to amanah.no an interest free loan of 1,350,000 kroner (~$228,000) will cost 8,700 kroner (~$1470) a month for 25 years.

Source: Hegnar online (Norwegian)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.